Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reality kicked me off my high horse....

Today when I turned on the TV, the news was on. This is what the headlines said:

"BOMB BLAST INSIDE UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI"

I sat down with my breakfast, thinking. Hmm. That's right next to my brother's IBA campus, in Gulshan...

Suddenly, I froze.

I rushed to my mother's room, begged her to call my brother.
She did, wondering why I'd suddenly started displaying my feelings for him. I stood there, praying silently.

And he picked up.

I don't think I have ever been more grateful.

Right now, he and I are alone at home. We fought twice, then we made up and took turns playing our favorite songs on the new home theater system. He's made me coffee and now we're going to play PS2.

Dear God, I am never, ever, ever going to tell him this. But I am so grateful. I can't even express how relieved and happy I am to have that annoyingly perfect brother of mine in my life. Thank You, thank You, thank You!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment